[SLE] sax2 won't work
  • From: Tim Hanson <tjhanson98@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 20:06:02 -0700
I have an HP widescreen (1280*768, probably) laptop on which I installed 10.1.
sax2 will not start, either in text or graphics mode.

I copied /etc/X11/xorg.conf.install to xorg.conf and got a desktop, albeit at
800*600. Looking at the file, I have no idea how to edit it directly.

Back in the XF86 days there was a character-based utility to make a .conf
file. Does xorg have something similar? Is there a resource for editing
the .conf file from a text editor? Can I force sax2 to read the card?
--
VIRGO (Aug 23 - Sept 22)
You are the logical type and hate disorder. This nitpicking is