Re: [SLE] Suggestion: why suse use No-Yes and Yes-No?
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 05:17:25 +0200
On Tuesday 18 July 2006 05:10, The Nice Spider wrote:
> hi,
>
> after try suse gnome for several time, i see suse is
> not consistent and not
> USER FRIENDLY here:
> 1. some dialog box show this action buttons: Yes or
> No, but some dialog box
> show: No or Yes
> 2. most of this dialog box show, .i.e: do you like
> apple? No-Yes. this is
> NOT HUMAN BEING! Usually we will show/speak/write in
> this order "Yes or No".
>
> As a programmer, i know this come from 0=No and 1=Yes,

No no no no no. It comes from the Gnome "Human Interface Guidelines" people.
It is not a SUSE thing, it is a gnome thing, and they did it conciously, with
the idea that it would improve usability. You will see the exact same thing
in any distribution that uses gnome software

--
Ut supra post festum sunt obscura