Re: [SLE] Gates [OT]
  • From: "Orn E. Hansen" <orn_hansen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 07:34:09 +0200
tisdaginn 18 juli 2006 07:01 skrev Doug McGarrett:
> He mentions that Gates is funding a war on malaria,
> then says, "How is he going to cure a disease
> carried by mosquitoes, when he couldn't even get the
> bugs out of Windows 98."

Who says the guy ever wanted to?

If you look at it, he became this rich because there were bugs in Windows
98. It's those bugs that keep his company going, producing "cures" in the
form of Windows XP and Windows Vista. And don't put up an innocent face,
because the entire Linux community is about "endlesslessy fixing bugs" as
well. It's this "endlessly fixing bugs" that is what is causing
the "blocking of the evolution in IT". If I was to find a reason as to "why"
it's allowed ... it's probably because people are afraid of the "IT
revolution".