Re: [SLE] Pls help with routing setup
  • From: Mello <mellowiz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 14:43:29 +0200
On 7/18/06, Fajar Priyanto <fajarpri@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,
Can anyone help me pls on what and how to setup this network:
- 3 networks. Example: Net A: 192.168.10.0/24, B: 192.168.11.0/24, C:
192.168.12.0/24

We want all the PC in those network to be able to connect to each other from
different network.

- We want to use Linux as the router.
- How many router do we need?
- Can anyone give some example on the command to setup the routing?

Hi Fajar,
you just need one router with 3 different interfaces.
For the configuration I'd suggest to use Yast. Under "Network Devices
/ Network Card / Edit" you should be able to find and enter the
Routing Configuration.
From that point on I cannot help much because I haven't tried it but
you can follow the famous "trial&error" approach :)

Maybe the doc below would help you further:
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/16579.html

Good luck,
-mw