Re: [SLE] Suggestion: why suse use No-Yes and Yes-No?
  • From: Leendert Meyer <leen.meyer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 23:01:50 +0200
On Tuesday 18 July 2006 22:00, PerfectReign wrote:
> Leendert Meyer wrote:

> >> Guidelines"

> >> same

> >> Wow! You're right!
> >>
> >> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/windows-alert.html
> >>
> >> I wonder what they were smoking when they came up with those...
> >
> > I wonder what I have been smoking, because I can't find a reference to
> > the
> > Yes/No or No/Yes buttons. 3 x Yes and 2 x No...
> >
> > Where on the page is it?
>
> Figure 3.12 - This shows Alternate, Cancel, Affirmative. It equates
> roughly to Cancel, No, Yes.

Hmmnnyes...

> I've been thinking about this a bit - since I've been writing UIs
> since the TRS-80 days and GUIs since the early '90s,

Reminds me of my first steps^H^H^H^H^Htaps on a borrowed ZX-Spectrum.

> I cannot remember ever seeing this layout. Very strange indeed.

> I will look into putting the KGTk LD_PRELOAD hack into my system.
> Looks wonderful!

I really do believe that. But one needs to tweak the way each app starts. In that way it is indeed a bit hackerish (/only/ in that way).

Hmm, just tried kgtk-wrapper.sh firefox. Guess what? Gnome's Open file dialog, and with [Cancel] [Open]. Seems like the button orientation is RTL instead of LTR... Man, must be good stuff they're using... 8o}

LOL, had another Firefox window open. Closed it, tried again, did ^O, and got KDE's Open File dialog! Great! I like that.

> > Cheers,
> >
> > Leen - quit smoking years ago ;P
>
> Good for you! I haven't used my Weber for awhile, either.

Thanks. BTW, how long is "a while"?

Cheers,

Leen
< Previous Next >