Re: [SLE] Suggestion: why suse use No-Yes and Yes-No?
  • From: Dave Howorth <Dave.Howorth@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 23:29:26 +0100
On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 13:00 -0700, PerfectReign wrote:
> Leendert Meyer wrote:
> > On Tuesday 18 July 2006 05:52, PerfectReign wrote:
> >> Wow! You're right!
> >>
> >> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/windows-alert.html
> >>
> >> I wonder what they were smoking when they came up with those...
> >
> > I wonder what I have been smoking, because I can't find a reference to
> > the
> > Yes/No or No/Yes buttons. 3 x Yes and 2 x No...
> >
> > Where on the page is it?
>
> Figure 3.12 - This shows Alternate, Cancel, Affirmative. It equates
> roughly to Cancel, No, Yes.

Errm, that page says "Write button labels as imperative verbs, for
example Save, Print". So unless you're the kind of person that verbs
their interjections, I think that means any dialog with buttons labelled
'yes' or 'no' was NOT written to those guidelines.

And on the original point, the text would have to be worded very
strangely to allow the rightmost ('affirmative') button to be labelled
'No'. Do we actually have a real example?

BTW, it also says "Make both the primary and secondary text selectable".
I think that's really good. I really hate dialogs that won't let you
select the text.

Cheers, Dave