Re: [SLE] install a new kernel
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 18:56:04 +1000
Ralph Ellis wrote:
On Tuesday 18 July 2006 11:16, Bruce Marshall wrote:
On Tuesday 18 July 2006 00:50, Basil Chupin wrote:
For the record -and I did put this question to this forum already, some
weeks back - can you point me to a source which contains in a single,
well explained, list stating which sources have to be used, and which
must not be used or at least may be used but with strong provisos, to
update SuSE 10.1?

A list which shows that for YOU or apt or smart use the following
sources, and if using smart then the TYPE is 'yast2' or 'rpm-sys' or
'rpm-md' or whatever.
Hear, hear... I too get confused with all the URLs and update schemes
available.
Try

http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source/suse/

Ralph Ellis

So you reckon that the new kernel, and all the other goodies, there are OK to use? :-)

According to what Marcus stated in one of the other threads an URL with "inst-source" in it is OK to use for updates -- so here comes my addition to my smart channels! :-) .

Cheers.

--
"It is well known that among the blind, the one-eyed man is king".

Desiderius Erasmus