Re: [SLE] Need file share help!
  • From: Catimimi <catimimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 13:00:34 +0200
stephan beal a écrit :
On Wednesday 19 July 2006 03:38, Basil Chupin wrote:
Any Samba hints would also be appreciated.
Cannot help out with samba but re the formatting- to share either use
Fat16 or, better, FAT32. Linux can read ntfs but cannot (yet) write
to it.

Linux *can* write to ntfs (for many years it couldn't), but it's "generally not recommended".

Some links:

http://www.jankratochvil.net/project/captive/
Hello,

This first link gives you a very sure way to write to NTFS, it uses the windows driver
ntfs.sys so it is very reliable. I use it in order to share files.

You've also a commercial driver sold by Paragon software and called 'ntfs for linux'

http://www.ntfs-linux.com/

I've tested it, it works well but I've better the ntfs.sys solution.

Michel