Re: [SLE] USB flash memory drive problem
  • From: Alexandr Malusek <Alexandr.Malusek@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 00:06:56 +0200
Catimimi <catimimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> Apparently, the standard Linux USB drivers do not work with Tyan S2895
>> in my case.
>
> In this case I added an Adaptec PCI->USB+ieee1394 card and it worked
> fine.

Do you mean the Adaptec DuoConnect?
http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/products/usb/combo/AUA-3020/

Adaptec doesn't mention Linux support but one reviewer on
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000062STR/103-6026781-6055802?redirect=true
writes it works OK.

I'm considering buying it for my home computer. The possibility of
having USB 2.0 on an older computer which has a poorly functioning USB
1.1 sounds good.

> There is certainly a problem between the linux driver and the nvidia
> chipset, have a look at the hardware compatibility list.

I haven't found anything on http://hardwaredb.suse.de/ . It is
supposed to list components that work. Is there any other useful
hardware compatibility list? (I know there are many small ones)

--
A.M.