[SLE] SuSEfirewall2 & dmesg
  • From: Michael Nelson <michaelnel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 06:30:01 -0700
Since I started running SuSEfirewall2, it constantly logs to the dmesg
buffer, making dmesg pretty much useless for anything other than looking
at iptables logs. I can look at that in syslog. I'd like my dmesg
buffer back. Is there a way to configure SuSEfirewall2 to not send
stuff into the dmesg buffer but instead only log to /var/log/messages?

I looked in /etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall but didn't see in there how to
accomplish this.

Thanks
Michael

--