[SLE] Re: VFAT
  • From: "Alfred Deubler" <adeubler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 20:13:41 +0000
Thanks Ken , will look areound and sorry for disturbing.
Have a nice Weekend
Regards Alfred

2006/7/22, Ken Schneider <suse-list2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Sat, 2006-07-22 at 01:31 +0000, Alfred Deubler wrote:
> Hello Ken, i saw you are expert on Linux. I am a new User and trying
> to step in to the Linux World, have installed
> SUSE 10.2 and later 10.2.
> My Computer is an Celeron 2,6 Ghz, 1200 Mb Ram, on HDD 16 Gb and one
> of 80 Gb, both changed from NTFS to VFAT32 before installing Suse
> XP is installed and after installing Linux with two Partitions, on on
> each HDD i would like to check
> the Partitions with PARTITION MAGIC and i can see, it shows NO
> Partioin for the Boot Drive ( 160 Gb )
> and reports the Disk Partition as bad. The second HDD is still shown
> wit his Partion VFAT32
> Funny is, the XP and also the Suse Linux are working fine upon til
> now. Buit it makes me daught about and expecting loss of Data the near
> future.
> Any Opinion about this ??

I'm not sure where you found me as an expert. I have been using linux
for many years but that hardly makes me an expert. Regarding your
question I have no help to offer, I don't do windows, and suggest you
join the suse-linux-e list as there is a great many people with varied
experience in different areas that may have an answer for you.

You also state that you have 10.2 installed and then later 10.2. Isn't
10.2 the same as 10.2? If you are fairly new to linux I suggest you stay
away from 10.2 as it is strictly experimental developmental software
being tested for the next release of openSUSE and may contain numerous
bugs.

Sorry I can't be of further help.

--
Ken Schneider
UNIX since 1989, linux since 1994, SuSE since 1998, openSUSE since 2005

  • No further messages