Re: [SLE] Suse 10 Root nearly full
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 14:01:24 +1000
Carl William Spitzer IV wrote:
Why is root full??
All I have done is periodic online updates when I installed only about
7gig was taken up.

linux:/home/cwsiv # df -h
/dev/hda5 14G 12G 1.5G 90% /
tmpfs 220M 12K 220M 1% /dev/shm
/dev/hda3 25G 24G 1.9G 93% /Storage0
/dev/hda4 20G 15G 4.9G 75% /Storage1
/dev/hda1 61M 11M 48M 18% /boot
/dev/hda7 16G 15G 920M 95% /home

linux:/home/cwsiv # ls /
. boot home media proc srv subdomain usr
.. dev lib mnt root Storage0 sys var
bin etc lost+found opt sbin Storage1 tmp Win32
linux:/home/cwsiv # du -sh /boot
6.3M /boot

Carl,

You may find this command useful in the future:

du -h -x --max-depth=1

If run from / (cd / ) it will give the stats for everything under / .

Cheers.

--
This computer is environment-friendly and is running on OpenSuSE 10.1