Re: [SLE] protected packages in yast software manager
On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 18:14 +0200, Istvan Gabor wrote:

> > > This regards to SUSE 10.0:
> > > In the package manager of yast several packages are
> labeled
> > > 'protected', eg many of the kde update packages.
> > > How could I remove protection and make these packages
> > > labeled as the regular normal packages?
>
> > right click on the "protected-icon" and change to "keep"
> > you can also do the same for all packages shown in a list (be
> careful!)
>
> Right clicking indeed changes the state to keep.
> However after exiting and reopening the package manager the
> packages' state again protected.
> So it seems this does not work.

Same here. Odd thing is that I have a few local packages that have
become 'protected' in YaST. Except they are not. Installing new ones is
ok. I do not list any package dependencies in these RPMs. So I do not
know why they should become protected. I guess it is a bug.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems AB
Ramböll Sverige AB