[SLE] HowTo watch file transfers?
As I stagger through life with SUSE, I often seem to
encounter events that involve a _lot_ of disk
activity.

If I run KSysguard, I can see what processes are
active, which is fine, but:

What commands or utilities should I run, to
see where files are going?

If thousands of files are being moved somewhere,
is there a way to see where they are coming from,
and where they are going to? I'd want to know
at least the partition, if not the destination
directory.

Obviously, if I start a copy or a move in Konqueror,
or an ftp transfer, I'll see some visual indication,
but when some system or command-line process has
instigated a lengthy set of file transactions,
how can one get a peek at that, without disturbing anything?

Thanks,

Kevin