[SLE] Samba Domain connections via VPN
  • From: Martin Hochreiter <linuxbox@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 09:50:19 +0200
Hi!

I have serious problems with my knew Samba controlled domain.

My network looks like that:
Samba PDC (192.168.1.100)------192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 ------ vpn -------- 192.168.2.0/255.255.255.0----- Samba BDC (192.168.2.6)

My previous controller was a Win2000 AD and for that type you could add some
srv entries in DNS (Bind) to get the domain controller "visible" from the 192.168.2.0 net.

Since I installed Samba as PDC the clients on the 192.168.2.0 net could log on (BDC ??) but
are not able to join a domain or if already in the domain (by carrying the Client in the 192.168.1.0 net)
then the user could not change the password.

My VPN Gateways are able to send Netbios via VPN (as least they say so) but infact I have the above
mentioned troubles.

Could anyone give me a hint?

(Wins was no solution and the AD entries in the DNS also don't work for a samba domain)