[SLE] Problem listing directory with vsftpd in suse 10.0
  • From: "Arie Reynaldi Z" <reymanx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:38:33 +0700
Hi All,

I just setup a webserver with ftp support. Right now i can from
localhost, i can connect and list directory using FTP. Then when i try
to connect from remote site with FTP, i can go thru, but i can't list
directory using 'ls'. It always show this :
ftp> ls
229 Entering Extended Passive Mode (|||15227|)
and got no response whatsoever..
I have open 'ftp ftp-data' in FW_SERVICES_EXT_TCP="80 ftp https ssh ftp-data"

This is my /etc/vsftpd.conf
write_enable=YES
dirmessage_enable=YES
ftpd_banner="Welcome to foo FTP service."
ls_recurse_enable=YES
local_enable=YES
anonymous_enable=YES
anon_world_readable_only=YES
syslog_enable=YES
connect_from_port_20=YES
ascii_upload_enable=YES
ascii_download_enable=YES
pasv_enable=YES
pam_service_name=vsftpd

Why does this happen ? Why from localhost i can list directory but i
cant do that from remote ?

regards,

--
Arie Reynaldi Zanahar