[SLE] Re: Problem listing directory with vsftpd in suse 10.0
  • From: "Arie Reynaldi Z" <reymanx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:13:17 +0700
Hi All,

I just setup a webserver with ftp support. Right now i can from
localhost, i can connect and list directory using FTP. Then when i try
to connect from remote site with FTP, i can go thru, but i can't list
directory using 'ls'. It always show this :
ftp> ls
229 Entering Extended Passive Mode (|||15227|)
and got no response whatsoever..
I have open 'ftp ftp-data' in FW_SERVICES_EXT_TCP="80 ftp https ssh ftp-data"

After I stop susefirewall2 (rcSuSEfirewall2 stop), i can access to my
ftp server from remote and do 'ls' without any problem. So i guess the
problem is in my firewall config. I'm using susefirewall2 and config
it from yast. In 'allow service', i had add 'ftp ftp-data' in allowd
TCP ports.. But when firewall's up, the problem still exist.. I cant
list ftp directory.. Please advise..

regards,

--
Arie Reynaldi Zanahar