Re: [SLE] Using local update mirror during install of 10.1
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 08:14:09 +0200
On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 01:15:28PM -0400, Mark Gray wrote:
> While a brief bout of googling revealed how to add a local update
> mirror after install using rug, I could find no mention of how to
> specify a local mirror for updates during the initial install of the
> boxed set of SUSE-10.1. With a lot of computers to install on, this
> would be most useful, especially since doing an update during the
> install seems to be the cleanest way to fix 10.1's update bug.
>
> (My apologies if this is a FAQ as I have been too busy to read mailing
> lists lately.)

During Installation its quite difficult to change and not easily
possible (i tried by changing /etc/hosts in the background to my testmachine).
(suseRegister pushes the urls pretty directly into yast)

Later it is possible.

In 10.2 it will be a bit easier (in 10.2 alpha you can edit /etc/suse_register.conf to set the urls explicitly).

Ciao, Marcus