Re: [SLE] Re: SUSE10.1 broken graphics
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 18:47:10 +1000
Masaru Nomiya wrote:
Hello,

In the Message: [suse-linux-e ML: No.277954]
with the date of Fri, 28 Jul 2006 17:54:38 +1000
[Basil] == Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx> has written:

Basil> (Do not fiddle with the vertical and horizontal frequencies - just
Basil> select 1024x768@68 and leave all else alone.)

Do you know, the resoluton depends on the horizontal sync's value?
That is, we must check Horizontal Sync' value even on the YAST2.

And, generally speaking, the refresh rate for LCD is 60Hz

Regards,

I have a MAG Innovision monitor and had no trouble in configuring it upto and including SuSE v10.0.

Along came v10.1 and I cannot configure it by using all the correct ways of configuring a monitor- ie, using the Horizontal and Vertical frequencies.

The only way I can get it work properly is to select the Vesa monitor and the default settings after selecting the resolution I want. Doing anything else "breaks" the monitor and all I end up looking at is garbage.

Re the 68Hz versus 60Hz refresh rate.

What is shown here, which is what the specs for that monitor are as given by Bikram?

QUOTE

*15"(13.8" Viewable)
*0.24mm(H) Dot Pitch
*1024x768@68 Maximum Resolution
*Plug & Play
*Mac & PC Compatibility

UNQUOTE

Cheers.

--
This computer is environment-friendly and is running on OpenSuSE 10.1