[SLE] Routing question
  • From: Koenraad Lelong <k.lelong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:55:47 +0200
Hi,
I have two external networks, say 192.168.0.x, on PC-A, and 192.168.1.x on PC-B. My DHCP-server gives a standard router pointing to PC-A. I need to access 192.168.1.x, so, on my own PC I (manually) do 'route add 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 gw PCB'. This works.
How do I set a similar route for all PC's on my internal network ?
I first thought of adding a DHCP entry, but this seems not preferred. I read (on a ISC DCHP mailing list) that setting the route needs to be done elsewere, I concluded that this has to be done at the standard gateway. On my gateway there is a route identical to what I did on my own PC, there I can reach both external networks without problems although his standard gateway points to the external network (without that route added it didn't work).
I hope this makes some sense, any help ?
Please refer me to some sites where I can read about this.
--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Koenraad Lelong