Re: [SLE] Using local update mirror during install of 10.1
  • From: Mark Gray <markgray-aka-agrajag@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 31 Jul 2006 11:29:36 -0400
Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> [snip]
>>> I do it during the installation. I do not remember the questions
>>> exactly and I was unable to find any screen shots. The question
>>> is do you have any additionall pacakges to install? This allows
>>> you to add the additional sources. You click on it and then add
>>> all your local sources.

>>> I have added the following.

>>> nfs://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/local/suse/suse/i386/10.1/inst-source
>>> nfs://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/local/suse/suse/i386/10.1/non-oss-inst-source
>>> nfs://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/local/suse/suse/i386/update/10.1

>>> I add the packman stuff after the original installations.

>>> ftp://packman-mirror/suse/10.1

>> Many thanks -- I will give it a try on the install.

> I finally found a screen shot. This is shows it marked.

> http://queens.db.toronto.edu/~nilesh/linux/suse-10.1-install/?id=16

> This will then prompt you for your addtional sources. Just add them.

I gave it a try, but I kept getting an "invalid repository" reply, so
I gave up and wrote a perl script which I run after installation.
Much faster with a lot of machines to do.

Thanks anyway.