[SLE] Date synch problem
  • From: Jim Sabatke <jsabatke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 07:33:45 -0500
First of all, I *have* read Carlos Ronbinson's howto numerous times.

I cannot get my system clock and the KDE clock in the corner of the screen to show the same time. I've tried more combinations of things than I can recall. They always show a 12 hour difference. For example:

rm /etc/adjtime
date --set=07:30
*hwclock --systohc

sets the system clock to 7:30 local time, but the KDE clock immediately jumps 12 hours ahead. BTW, the KDE display is also set to local time. My email goes out at the proper time in this mode.

Then, if I bring up the 'adjust time' screen for the KDE clock and hit "cancel", the KDE clock shows the proper local time, and the system time drops back 12 hours.

I'm tearing my hair out over this. Can anyone help?

BTW, this is only happening on one box on my network.

Jim

Can
*