Re: [opensuse] Smart Package manager
  • From: Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 00:03:23 +0200

Janne Karhunen wrote:
> On Monday 31 July 2006 19:21, Andreas Hanke wrote:
>>> Where do I find a working version of Smart Package for Suse10.1.
>>> Without the 10,000 dependencies that are needed.
>> On your CDs.
>>
>> Use YaST to install it from the CDs. It will resolve the dependencies
>> for you. (It's the last package you have to install with YaST if you
>> don't like it.)
>
> Does the version on CDs have repositories set by default? He's
> going to ask that next if he makes that far before giving up.

My smart RPMs are preconfigured with repositories.

You can get it from one of these locations:
http://linux01.gwdg.de/~pbleser/rpm-navigation.php?cat=/System/smart
http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/suser-guru/rpm/packages/System/smart/
http://ftp.skynet.be/pub/suser-guru/rpm/packages/System/smart/

Spoon-fed instructions here: