Re: [opensuse] RepoKommander for SUSE Linux
  • From: Eberhard Moenkeberg <emoenke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 22:49:59 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006, Martin Schlander wrote:

I've made a Kommander script for adding repositories to SL 10.1. Versions are
available for both rug/YaST and Smart.

Check it out at:
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=43378

It should work nicely but it needs polish. I decided to release early - time
will tell if I'll release often, too ;)

This is only sort of a proof of concept. It would be better if a real
developer could make something better. But I actually think it's pretty
useful. I'm considering adding functionality like installing
multimedia-packages and the like.

Thanks to Benjamin, aka. benJIman for some pointers.

The URLs you are using need some work.

OpenSUSE at GWDG is under /pub/opensuse/.
Linux at GWDG is under /pub/linux/.
/pub/suse/ is a permanent compatibility link to match ftp.suse.com, but all other symlink additions I did after studying the error logs will be gone with the next generation hardware.

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke@xxxxxxx, em@xxxxxxx)