Re: [opensuse] XGL/Compiz benchmark
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 19:41:40 +0200
On Jul 27, 06 16:25:13 -0400, Marcel Mourguiart wrote:
> Hi, i'm a reviewer from ChileHardware.com we are preparing a VGA round up
> review for linux, with nvidia and ati vga.
>
> *Is there a a way we can benchmark XGL/Compiz* ??

Boo. No clue.
As it's typically just fast enough...

Also as the code is pretty new, currently profiling would be more
important than benchmarking.

> Wish distribution you think is better for this ?? 10.0, 10.1, 10.2 ( alpha
> ).

Factory. The code is changing too fast.

> This benchmark is going to take more than a month, whats versions of
> XGL/Compiz, do you recommend ?? We are going to test games too.

Hm. Probably take the latest possible. Though David might want to
comment on that.

I'm not exactly sure whether benchmarking is already usefull at the
current state, but it could be a good possibility to confirm my opinion
that NVidia cards look better ;)

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx> __ __ __