Re: [opensuse] I am trying again
  • From: Martin Schlander <suse@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 15:01:19 +0200
Fredag 28 juli 2006 12:29 skrev Gunnar Håland:
> I will try to install Opensuse 10.1 once again.
> Can someone tell me the correct way to do it.
> Can I use Zen for the updating the first time or is Yast the best toy.
> Can I use tiny-nividia-installer to get the NIVIDIA driver for my system.

Are you by chance Norwegian? Swedish?

Then you should be able to use the Danish guide that I wrote. Most of it you
probably know already.. but some of the special quirks of 10.1 are described.

Including installing nvidia-drivers with tiny-nvidia-installer or how
to "bypass" package manager issues by using Smart - if nothing else only
until you get the zmd/zen/rug/libzypp/yast2 stuff patched up.

See: http://suse.linuxin.dk

Martin