Re: [opensuse] The state of openSUSE
  • From: Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 09:19:33 +0200
Hi,

> What I would like is an easier way to extend the installation sources
> setup than "You have to click here, and then you have to click there,
> and finally you have to split the repository URL into protocol, server
> name and directory parts"

Well, at least the "split url" thingy isn't required any more in 10.1,
the "installation source" module has "Add->Specify URL". So you can
browse repos.opensuse.org, then cut&paste the address ...

> together with a web-based tool that can output
> a machine-readable installation sources setup.

I think yast2 being able to deal with *.repo files would be nice. So
you can drop those files into -- say -- /etc/yum.repos.d and have yast2
see them and offer to add/enable them with a mouseclick or two.

cheers,

Gerd

--
Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxx>