Re: [opensuse] The state of openSUSE
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 08:29:23 +0200
Ken Schneider wrote:

Which is why I stated that the repo would have to be registered with
openSUSE in order to be included. Not to say they couldn't added
manually like they are now.

us laws (and many others) forgive even linking to copyright infringment software (lbdvcss, by example, necessary to read video dvd on linux), so suse can't have automatic linking to these.

that is why I proposed that yast could read special file _on the server side_

I mean any suse repository can hold a "repo-register" file. downloading this file with a browser should make this repo included in yast. (remember the "make this repo in yast" of Konqueror in 10.0 and before)

this way, Yast don't know initially of any repo and so SUSE can't be sued in law.

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net