Re: [opensuse] The state of openSUSE
  • From: Eberhard Moenkeberg <emoenke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 01:24:01 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006, BandiPat wrote:

As far as APT goes, I'm sure for those that have used it continuously on
a Debian based distro, think it's the best thing since sliced bread,
but I seem to remember the difficulty many had trying to use it with
SuSE. The wailing that went on the regular SuSE mail list could be
heard around the world from failed upgrades and broken systems. Sure
you could get it working, but it was still uncertain what your next
update might end up becoming.

I really have NOT seen it this way.
Have a look into

http://www.linux-club.de/viewforum.php?f=62&sid=4bfb8a83b6577df8b5edc66019b01712

to see the big help there and the big efforts outside there, regarding apt4rpm for SUSE. It is in german, sorry.

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke@xxxxxxx, em@xxxxxxx)