Re: [opensuse] The state of openSUSE
  • From: Thomas Hertweck <Thomas.Hertweck@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 22:00:14 +0100

jdd wrote:
> radars on the road are added that make speed moving more
> difficult, but I can't wait to take my car to have an
> automatic speed adjustment on it (it will probably never have)

You start to annoy me because you drag this discussion into something
that was never intended.

> [...]
> don't worry? use Unbutu and voilà. I do worry and use SUSE...

I DO care about the things, and that is exactly the reason why I say we
need a solution for the problems discussed in the last emails. But it
must be transparent for the end user and the "solution" shouldn't make
life much more complicated for the user. Dropping proprietary modules
without an adequate replacement makes life much more complicated - check
the mailing list archives if you don't believe it. Not being able to
install NVIDIA drivers via YAST makes life more complicated for many
users. Do you disagree with that? There are other examples. That's why
there should be an adequate replacement for a functionality before old
things are dropped.

> and if you don't worry, why use Linux in the first place,
> why not Windows (there are many more windows users than
> Unbutu users, no?)

If you have arguments, I am happy to discuss the topic with you. If you
only want to write flames, then please stop it. You don't have to reply
to my emails.

Cheers,
Th.