Re: [opensuse] The state of openSUSE
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:29:09 +0200
SOTL wrote:

>>¿Why Ubuntu is more popular tha SUSE despite thier young life?
>>

> Simple Ubuntu will install on all sort of hardware that OpenSuSE and
> SuSE will not.

You meant the other way round, didn't you? I have a problem installing
Ubuntu 6.06 on a Compaq machine, it does a kernel oops right way. Could
you get in touch off-line to help me get Ubuntu installed? (it's not
exactly on-topic here).

> In short SuSE 10.1 is only half finished suitable only for desktops

I have to disagree. We have 10.1 installed on a couple of servers as
well as workstations - works just fine.

/Per Jessen, Zürich