Re: [opensuse] The state of openSUSE
  • From: Martin Schlander <suse@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:02:30 +0200
Torsdag 20 juli 2006 14:13 skrev Daniel Bertolo:
> I second this. The strength of Ubuntu is package management.

I agree, but "package management" covers a lot of ground - let's try to be
more specific.

I think it's not so much yast/zen/rug being bad is the issue - now that they
work - and hopefully they'll have better performance in 10.2..

I think mostly what's a problem is finding and managing repos. It would help a
lot if more of the 3rd party repos could join under the packman umbrella
perhaps.

Guru's Smart package might help a bit, but something along the lines of
Automatix/Easy-ubuntu would be really helpful.

Martin / cb400f