Re: [opensuse] What happened to /pub/people/choeger?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 19:31:18 +0200
J Sloan wrote:

> Have you done any comparisons of dspam vs spamassassin? From what I've
> heard, dspam is less resource intensive and can be very accurate.

AFAIK, dspam is based on crm114 and therefore requires learning. It is
definitely less resource intensive than spamassassin, but the accuracy
is only available given proper training.

> However the folks here who were looking at dspam were unable to get it
> trained in a timely manner, noting that it seemed somewhat
> temperamental and too much like magic.

There is a lot of magic in crm114 :-) We use it for spam-categorisation.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich

--
http://www.spamchek.com/ - managed anti-spam and anti-virus solution.
Let us analyse your spam- and virus-threat - up to 2 months for free.