Re: [opensuse] XFCE4
  • From: "Chuck Payne" <terrorpup@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 06:43:24 -0400
On 7/17/06, Daniel Bertolo <daniel.bertolo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Montag, 17. Juli 2006 09:25 schrieb David Wright:
> You can add Gnome and KDE both at install time, just change the package
> selections.

I know that, of course :). But for unexperienced users, it might be useful to
select KDE and/or GNOME. Or better not :).

> The same goes for some of the other GUI's, although I believe
> XFCE isn't on the media :(

Yes, that's right. But you can add any network installation source at the
beginning of the installation (add additional install resources). That is
actually a great feature.

Is there a SUSE-XFCE project? I thought that XFCE is not well configurated
and/or integrated into SUSE. Would be great to start a kind of SUSE-XFCE
project similar to Xubuntu.

Dani

I think that would be great, I been using XFCE now for 6 months and I
love the fact it does use as much memory as Gnome/KDE. And that you
can use both of windowmanager apps with it.

It would be nice to have XFCE built that were opensuse friendly.

I am not programmer, but a sysadmin that love to use it and give feed
back on it.

Thanks.
--
Command, n.:
Statement presented by a human and accepted by a computer in