Re: [opensuse] Expanding disk space for an LVM
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 16:07:37 +0200
Hi,

See http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/410
It IS possible to resize EXT3 FS without unmounting. But be prepared to
have a backup, just i case

Dominique

>>> calanet@xxxxxxxxx 07/13/06 4:37 PM >>>
I have a server that cannot be easily scheduled to come down.
In there, I have an LVM over serveral external disks that has become
full (df -kP).
Using yast2, I added new volumes to the volume-group.
I need now to expand one of the mount-points that is defined as ext3.
How can I do it without having to umount/mount the mount point?
is there such a thing as a resize_ext3?