Re: [SLE] HTTP Cookie sharing between different servers
  • From: George Stoianov <gstoyanoff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 11:40:56 -0400 (EDT)
Hi guys,

I am trying to share authentication for one web server
to get access to files on another (server 2). I do not
have access to the first server (server 1) to which I
want people to login and after that they can browse
certain files on the second server.

I thought of using cookies and I can get them with the
getter cookies method (in a java servlet) for the
request, looping through the cookie array, which gets
returned, though returns only cookies for server
number 2 and I need those from one as well. Is there a
way to do this at all?

I read some of RFC 2109 HTTP State Management
Mechanism, but it seems to mention just the behaviour
I already have observed. I tried looking into some
JavaScript but that seems to return cookies for the
same server as well?

Any ideas?
Thanks,
George