Re: [SLE] Changing hardware IRQ's
  • From: "Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)" <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 18:36:57 +0200
Sunny wrote:
On 4/30/06, S Glasoe <srglasoe@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

keep it at 5 anyway. Again, don't bother. Unless there is a known conflict
you can actually 'prove' is happening because sound and eth0 are sharing an
IRQ it doesn't matter. It used to matter about 10 years ago...

Ok, lets say I have "proven" problem. Actually the problem is with the
mobo and the chipset (it is SiS, and there are some problems), but I
guess if I can move the sound on another irq, it'll work ... so,
what's the way to change the assigned irq by the driver/kernel?

Thank you Sunny for highlighting the actual core of the question ie how do I change an IRQ address using SuSE?

< Previous Next >