Re: [SLE] Changing hardware IRQ's
  • From: S Glasoe <srglasoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 11:52:02 -0500
On Monday 01 May 2006 10:39 am, Sunny wrote:
> > SUSE used to have information about dumping APCI data and
> > sending it to them to try to get these types of things fixed... can't
> > find it now that bugzilla is available! I'll keep looking...
>
> Please do. I tried as well, but still can not find it.
>
> > Stan
>
> Sunny

Gotta love that support between manufacturers on those low-cost OEM
mainboards. Don't know how deep you want to get into this and I have no
idea if the following will help at all but . . .

Found it! From Phillip Thomas of SUSE dated May 1, 2003...

"In order to be able to expand the blacklist (as well as the
whitelist) for the kernel, we need to know on which systems the
problems occur. Therefore, please send an e-mail message to
acpi@xxxxxxxx Tell us which kernel parameter(s) worked on your
system. (Please include the output of the diagnosis tools acpidmp
and dmidecode in your message. These tools are available at
ftp.suse.com/pub/people/ak/diag.)"

And from the README at that ftp site:

"acpidmp and dmidecode are useful for diagnosing ACPI boot problems.

Newer versions of these tools can be found in the pmtools rpm in
recent SUSE distributions. pmtools also includes additional tools
like an AML disassembler and compiler."

The acpidmp and dmidecode programs are what I was thinking of to attach to a
bugzilla report.

Phillip also had an
http://www.suse.de/en/private/products/suse_linux/i386/acpi.html page once
upon a time when you could reach the SUSE employee's corporate web pages
that had some more info.

Stan