Re: [SLE] text formatting under link icons on SuSE 10.0 desktop
  • From: Goksin Akdeniz <goksina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 20:48:04 +0300

> However, on my 10.0 machine, when I do the same thing the text under the
> link icon is **not** italicized. It looks no different than the text
> under an icon of a file that actually resides on the desktop.

The desktop icon linking the document or directory is symbolized with an
arrow. The arrow is at the bottom on the left corner oh the icon. (with
default icon theme)

> Unless this is a known difference between 9.3 and 10.0, I am assuming
> there must be a setting somewhere to italicize the icon text that I
> have overlooked despite searching. Can anyone point me to where this
> customization option might be?

I prefer KDE so I can guide you to KDE settings. All KDE settings are in KDE
Control Center. Click Look and Feel section, then icons. You will see icon
themes. You may customize the icon theme. The look changes with the icon
theme.

> Interestingly, if I drag that link icon to the trash folder and then
> look in the trash folder, the linked text **is** italicized. So this
> really has me puzzled that it would be italicized but only when in the
> trash folder, not when on the desktop.

This is due to icon theme, I suppose. I tried many different themes and all
acted different. I can advice only try to find out the right icon theme for
you.

I hope I may be of help

Goksin Akdeniz