Re: [SLE] Converting 3gp video format on Linux?
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 21:27:10 +0200
I use ffmpeg for this. The following converts from the phone to an avi.

<snip>

Thanks for the lead. This got me looking the right direction, and I
found and all called Lin3gp. this is basically a GUI frontend to
ffmpg and converts avi to 3gp.. and it works perfectly.

And the ffmpg line you provided to convert the 3gp back to avi works
perfct as well.. thanks.

As an aside, I tested some Windows native apps on a Windows PC, and...
they converted the 3gps, but the sound was all out of synch with the
video no matter what codec I selected. Converting on Linux - although
command line - was perfectly in sych. I love it when Linux comes out
ahead.. which it does all the time for me :-)

:-)

C.