Re: [SLE] Firefox & Thunderbird move from Windows to Linux
  • From: Catimimi <catimimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 21:37:06 +0200
Ronald Wiplinger a écrit :
I want to keep my emails / bookmarks from my Windows set-up over to my Linux installation.

How can I do that?
Will my Thawte certificate still work?

bye

Ronald Wiplinger

Hello,

It is rather easy, I usually share my mailboxes between my windows installation and my linux
installation. I have a FAT32 partition in which my mailboxes are located, you simply have to
configure both installations in order to use the same folders and files.

For your accounts and saved passwords, just copy :
abook.mab
???.s
default.ini
prefs.js
and training.dat (for spam definitions)

from your Windows profile to your Linux profile

I have a FAT32 partition in which my mailboxes are located, you simply have to
configure both installations in order to use the same folders and files.

And it works fine, no need to synchronize !!

For Firefox, copy :
???.s
bookmarks.html
prefs.js

from your Windows profile to your Linux profile.

Good luck.

Michel