Re: [SLE] Re: GNOME vs KDE Redoux
  • From: "Bryan S. Tyson" <bryantyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 08:33:12 -0400
On Tuesday 02 May 2006 05:00 am, Kevanf1 wrote:
> I am now starting to think
> that SuSE will actually begin to push Gnome over and above KDE in the
> near future.  If this happens I truly believe it will be a big
> mistake.

I think SuSE wants to go Gnome-only. They are half-heartedly continuing to
include it for now, because of user complaints, but I won't be surprised to
see them drop it entirely after a while, or at least relegate it to a status
of near-oblivion.

Like Kevan, I believe that will be a big mistake.

Gnome is intolerable for me, which is why I began to explore other options in
order to be prepared when SuSE goes Gnome-only. I ended up choosing Mepis,
and after using two releases, I continue to be well-pleased and satisfied
with Mepis.

http://www.mepis.com

http://www.mepis.org

Bryan