Root Privileges
  • From: Dave Barton <bmcs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 23:21:13 +1000
SuSE 9.3
IIRC there was a posting on this list recently, that explained the
circumstances under which root was not allowed to change access
privileges (permissions) of files/directories owned by root. We have
just run into this problem and the only solution I have found is to
scrape the files off the Linux box onto a Windows box and then pull them
back as a normal user.

I have searched the archives and either I have missed the answer or It
was posted on another list. Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

TIA

Dave