Re: [SLE] Changing hardware IRQ's
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 18:22:39 -0400
On Tuesday 02 May 2006 16:42, Paul W. Abrahams wrote:
> Yes, the system boots to runlevel 3 fine. I agree that the problem is
> probably KDE-related. As to suseplugger, I can't locate any docs on it,
> though I found the executable easily enough. I've seen it referred to many
> times -- but what does it do?

Hi Paul,

If the problem is booting with the network adapter in place causes KDE to
"hang", here are some suggestions:

First, give the system several minutes to time out, recover and attempt
initializing again. Let it sit in the "hung" state for several minutes to see
if it eventually sorts itself out.

For clues about what may be causing the problem, look
through /var/log/boot.msg and boot.omsg (the "o" for "old" meaning the
previous boot.msg)

Experiment with different boot parameters per my previous post in this thread
to Sunny. Here's the link again:
/usr/src/linux-{version}/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt

If you Google "suseplugger" you will get many, many hits. In short, it is
meant to detect when new hardware is plugged into the system and, if
configured accordingly, make that hardware available for use. I'm not sure
suseplugger is related to your problem, though.

regards,

Carl

< Previous Next >