Re: [SLE] Re: GNOME vs KDE Redoux
  • From: Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 11:10:54 +0100
On 06/05/06, Mark H. Harris <harrismh777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Anyone can learn to use a makefile... compiling from sources is a piece of
cake.

True, but to start with it's like that very first jump into a swimming
pool. You need to learn to swim and during that learning period you
are going to swallow a fair bit of water which is very unpleasant. It's easy for the strong swimmers (Linux users) to forget their first
tentative steps into making a package from source. It's easy enough
to follow a set of instructions, yes, but it's when those darn
dependencies keep cropping up with error warnings. This still happens
too often.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay