Re: [SLE] Re: GNOME vs KDE Redoux
  • From: Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 17:56:49 +0100
For 99.9% of Windows users adding a new program to their system means
clicking 3 or perhaps 4 buttons at most. Many times it just means
clicking one button. There is no compiling to be done in anything
near the same way as in Linux. Programs in Windows are pretty much
like our RPMs in that it means click a button and it installs. It is
rare to get dependency hell, not unknown but rare. When it does
happen it is normally a single missing .dll file not one after the
other.

I can and have installed from source in Linux. I am not comfortable
doing it as I have had dependency hell many times. Which is why
prefer to hunt down ready built packages. I honestly wish I did not
have to though.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay