Re: [SLE] Re: GNOME vs KDE Redoux
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 12:52:51 -0400
On Saturday 06 May 2006 07:05 pm, Doug McGarrett wrote:
> >Towards that end - I'd say KDE, GNOME and SUSE have all done a great job
> > in attempting to reach the goal. I think we all have benefited by the
> > "competition" between the major desktops in the world, KDE, Macintosh,
> > Gnome and - to some extent - Windows.
>
> There really isn't anything wrong with Windows (XP) except the tight
> control M/S has over it, and its desire to make bunches of money.
> Anyone who uses it would have to admit that it does the job very well,
> and it runs most routines much faster than SuSE.

FWIW, I support Windows users for a living. It's amazing the garbage
they have to put up with, that simply doesn't occur with other operating
systems. Anyone who has hands on experience with other operating
systems, would never claim that Windows compares favourably with the
others. It is simply crap, top to bottom.

If you think it's so good, try supporting it for a while and then
compare it with your experiences with Linux or OS/2 or...