Re: [SLE] Re: GNOME vs KDE Redoux
  • From: "Alexey Eremenko" <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 21:08:15 +0200

If you think it's so good, try supporting it for a while and then
compare it with your experiences with Linux or OS/2 or...

The fact that you dislike Windows XP is your personal choice.

It doesn't means however, that XP is bad. In fact, I like it very much
and use it *together* with SUSE Linux 10.0. This means that I would
like to see more XP features in SUSE Linux next-version. In
particular, I want a good KDE Task Manager instead of KSysGuard crap.
I hope it will be replaced in KDE 4.

In fact, it was the pathetic "downgrade" from Win2K to XP that caused me to
jump ship over to Linux, in spite of some serious pain

...and WindowsXP (pro) has the same or more features than Windows 2000
(pro) in every aspect. So I really don't understand people that are
saying they worked well with 2000 but hate XP. Since I know both very
well, I can do feature-for-feature comparison.