Re: [SLE] Re: [OT] Microsoft's hardware donations
  • From: Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 16:42:35 +0100
On 12/05/06, James Watkins <misterwatto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Kevanf1 wrote:

> It may be unpalatable to some but I have always found Microsoft
> branded hardware to be very good. I've got one of the original
> Explorer mice from 10 years ago still working. It's had a lot of use
> too. Whereas a Logitech that my wife bought me for Xmas a couple of
> years has already died. Logitech were less than helpful when I asked
> for help from them too.

Fair point, but have you ever suffered from the 'phantom double-click'?
Almost every Microsoft optical mouse I've had has gone this way in the
end. Did I just get a dodgy batch or have other people found this?

James.

Ah, I haven't tried a MS optical mouse. I haven't seen that behaviour
in the ones I do have though. These are Logitech and some that are in
a notebook add ons pack - don't know who makes them but I've got about
5 or 6 knocking around.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay