Re: [SLE] SuSE interview Greg Mancusi-Ungaro
  • From: "Peter Van Lone" <petervl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 12:13:53 -0500
Subject: Re: [SLE] SuSE interview Greg Mancusi-Ungaro

Please, just tell people to use KDE.

Linus
------------------

Good enough for me ;)

yes, and Nat's reply at:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/usability/2005-December/msg00025.html

sets a tone that I prefer.

I think this "KDE vs Gnome" thing is tribal. And it's
counter-productive. As I said earlier, at this point I prefer KDE,
also. But for people to say things like "gnome sux, it's worthless and
plague" is just ... dumb.

Any sentient being can see that gnome is, like KDE, a strong though
not-perfect desktop. Some people don't like the gnome
approach/appearance/functionality, etc ... others do.

There is a difference between "this sux" and "I don't prefer this".

Seems to me that more people in the linux community would benefit from
noticing the distinction.

< Previous Next >